Frequently Asked Questions About Cascade
Straight talk. Practical answers. Proactive resources for good employers.
When you're ready to develop an outstanding workforce, call us. Our services are unsurpassed. Our staff expertise covers areas from best practices in human resource management, to designing benefit plans to ensuring you are in compliance with employment laws.
Questions? Contact us and we'll be glad to help.
What is Cascade Employers Association?
Cascade is a Member-governed association of nearly 500 diverse industry organizations. We established our roots in 1947, providing employers of all sizes with the solutions needed to effectively manage and develop their workforce.
What types of memberships do you offer?
We offer one type: regular membership. And, it's an organization membership rather than an individual membership. In other words, a business joins and they determine the individuals within their organization authorized to take advantage of the many benefits of membership.
What services are available from Cascade?
What a great question! Cascade has the best breadth and depth of HR services around. Take a look at this summary of Member Benefits. If you’re looking for something and it’s not listed, chances are we either do it or can direct members to a credible resource that does.
Do I have to become a Member to use your services?
For some services, yes. Only members have access to: AnswerSource, our helpline for frequently asked employment-related questions, sample policies, and other HR-related tools; our publications; and our sponsored employee benefit programs. Our pay and benefits surveys, training programs, and certain consulting services may be accessed by non-members; however, non-members pay significantly higher rates than our Members pay.
What industries do your Members represent?
As a diverse industry association, Cascade members represent just about every type of business sector found in the Region. Types of industries in membership include: Manufacturing; Service; Non-Profit; Distributing; Wholesale/Retail; Agricultural; Banking/Finance; Food Processing; Construction; Government; and more.
What sizes are your member businesses?
Member organizations range in size from two employees to several thousand employees. The average employment size is about 100. Any organization with 1 to 1,000 employees will find our services beneficial.
Where is Cascade located?
In Salem, just off Lancaster Drive:
4068 Hudson Avenue NE
Salem, OR 97301
How do you serve employers in other cities?
We efficiently serve employers in all locations throughout Oregon and Southwest Washington. Much of the support we provide Members is over the telephone, because that is what they prefer with their busy schedules; however, we often travel to Member locations to help with projects, to discuss training needs, or whenever it just make senses. It's what we love to do.
How do you serve employers with operations in other states?
For Cascade Members with operations in other parts of the country, they benefit from access to information and help from our affiliation with the EAA (Employer Associations of America). The EAA is a network of independent employers' associations in over 35 states. When you need information on regional issues such as employment regulations or pay data, call on Cascade.
How much is the membership fee?
The annual membership fee is based on the number of employees (full-time equivalent) within your organization. Fees range from $560 to $2230 per year. Our membership application contains the annual fee table.
What does my organization receive for the annual fee?
- AnswerSource Helpline – Get quick and reliable answers to your general employment-related questions.
- Quick Pulse Employee Survey – With just three questions, discover what matters most to your employees and what they feel is in most need of improvement.
- HR Assessment – Get an assessment of your HR practices to help you get and stay in compliance.
- Leadership Engagement Essentials – Receive one annual registration to this two day program (offered three times a year) for insightful strategies that promote consistent leadership practices, better productivity, increased morale, greater profitability and overall improved organizational performance.
- Preferred Training Rates – Keep your supervisors, managers and executives on track with essential training. Membership brings you substantial savings on training your leadership team.
- PHR/SPHR/GPHR Recertification Credits – HR professionals within your organization who carry these designations can earn up to 12 free credits per recertification cycle in recognition of your Cascade membership.
- SalaryTrends® – Enter your organization’s pay data and get free access to fresh, local pay information to help you recruit and retain the right people. Unlike most other pay information sources, SalaryTrends® provides data for employers by employers.
- Online Member-Only Area – Take advantage of this information-rich area of our Web site, including an online tool through CCH, called HRAnswersNow It brings you hundreds of sample forms, checklists, policies; a rich FAQ section on HR and benefits topics; all federal and state posters; government forms; employment laws for all 50 states; and much more.
- Employee Benefit Options – Excellent options for group health insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan with all the bells and whistles.
- Preferred Pricing on Consulting and Professional Services – Whether your organization is looking to outsource a specific project or you need behind-the-scenes help with day-to-day compliance issues, you can rely on our people to help your people.
- Critical Compliance News and Workplace Information – Stay compliant through updates in our monthly newsletters and late breaking e-alerts, and keep informed by opting into our blog, GreatWork!, for workplace leadership knowledge that’s delivered directly to your e-mail.
Why should I use Cascade services instead of those of another association or consulting firm?
Because as an employers association, we are the most cost-effective solution to your human resource challenges. You gain access to a staff of experts and a wealth of resources at your fingertips when you need them. We report important information so you remain informed without having to do the research yourself. Besides, it's nearly impossible, on your own, to keep on top of all employment issues.
Please explore the many HR business solutions we offer.
How do I join now?
Just complete an online application and pay electronically, or download this membership application (a PDF file) and mail a check. Once we receive your completed application and membership fee, you can immediately begin accessing the many benefits of membership.