On April 1, 2020 the Department of Labor (DOL) published the rules implementing the FFCRA.
Much of what is included in the rules was already provided through the FAQs page the DOL has made available and routinely updated. However, the rules did provide a couple of helpful clarifications in some areas where questions still existed.
Cascade has added FAQs addressing some of the questions answered in the rules on our COVID-19 Resource Center, including:
- How do you count the “first 10 days” under EFML?
- What does “subject to a quarantine or isolation order” mean under the EPSL?
- What does “advised by a healthcare provider to self-quarantine,” mean for EPSL purposes?
- What does “seeking a medical diagnosis for COVID-19 related symptoms” mean for EPSL purposes?
- What “individuals” are covered for purposes of “providing care for an individual” under EPSL?
- Can an employer require an employee to take EFML concurrently with other leaves available such as PTO or vacation?
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.